Data Protection Notice – Greenhythe Lodge 5449
This notice is for all candidates and Freemasons of Greenhythe Lodge 5449. It applies to the processing of your personal data by the Lodge.
Section I sets out the purposes for which your data will be used by the Lodge if you are a candidate.
Section II sets out the purposes for which your data will be used by the Lodge if you are a member.
Please note that your personal data will also be processed by the United Grand Lodge of England and the Province of West Kent as separate data controllers and so you are also referred to their respective Data Protection Notices.
I Use of your data during your application to become a Freemason
As a candidate to become a Freemason, you consent to the processing, retention and sharing of your personal data for the purpose of assessing your membership application and any other Masonic applications you may make.
You can withdraw your consent and request erasure of your data at any time prior to your initiation by notifying your proposer and seconder that you wish to cancel your application.
II Use of your data after you become a Freemason
As a Freemason your data will be processed, retained and shared for any reasonable purposes required by the Book of Constitutions or the bodies it sanctions from time to time. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following purposes:
1. Assessing any Masonic applications you make;
2. Registering you as a member of Freemasonry;
3. Receiving communications to which you are entitled as a Mason;
4. Recording the progress of your career in Freemasonry; and
5. Masonic disciplinary processes.
You may stop your data from being used by the Lodge by resigning from the Lodge.
The Lodge is at Greenhythe Masonic Hall, 218 London Road, Greenhithe Kent DA9 9JF. Please contact the Lodge Secretary by email to Lodge Secretary email address firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to:
1. Object to the Lodge processing your data;
2. Request access to your data; or
3. Request rectification of your data.
The legal bases on which your personal data will be used in accordance with this Section II are:
1. The legitimate interests of the Lodge as a not for profit membership organisation; and
2. The fulfilment of contractual obligations owed to you by your Lodge.
In this notice “Book of Constitutions” means the General Laws and Regulations for the Government of the Craft of the United Grand Lodge of England from time to time.